For those of you who don’t own a Raspberry Pi, I’ve setup two internet facing Pi-hole servers. Both are running from a Virtual Private Server (VPS) in a datacenter, so no worries about latency or bandwidth issues. The exact details are as follows
- IPv4: 22.214.171.124
- IPv6: 2a00:1ca8:17:3c9::7384
- Graphs & Stats: https://pihole-NL.freek.ws/admin/
- Datacenter Location: Meppel, The Netherlands
- IPv4: 126.96.36.199
- IPv6: 2a02:2658:1125:148e::1
- Graphs & Stats: https://pihole-UK.freek.ws/admin/
- Datacenter Location: Gosport, Hampshire, United Kingdom
General Information & Settings:
- Pi-hole ad-list sources: https://pastebin.com/dEahSm4Z (Updated 6/4/2018)
- Both resolvers use DNSWatch DNS servers with Privacy mode and DNSSEC enabled.
- Statuspage: https://pihole-status.freek.ws/
- The Public Pi-holes are operated by me, Freek. I hold internet security, net neutrality and privacy in high regard. This is why I’m providing this service.
- Although being completely free, you are not ‘the product’; your data will never be shared or sold to third parties.
- This service is provided without any warranty and I renounce liability for any claim, damages or other liability arising from the use of this service.
Follow these steps to get started: https://discourse.pi-hole.net/t/how-do-i-configure-my-devices-to-use-pi-hole-as-their-dns-server/245
Comments or suggestions? Let me know in the comments :)